Fat loss definitely gets tougher once you hit 40!
The rules change.
No longer can you stop eating for a few days and lose half a stone in a week or swap food for vodka at the weekend and feel bright eyed and bushy tailed the next day.
Nope, the game changes but that is half the fun, as you settle down in your own skin and become more and more comfortable with who you are knowing some of these rules that I have learnt through my own experience and that of coaching 40+ women both one to one and at my bootcamps, workshops and events, is key.
Here are a few of the things I think you need to know!
- The stronger you build and look after your body, the better it will cope with menopause and ageing
- The key to health and happiness after 40 is stable hormones and clean energy.
- After 40 your body burns fat at a much slower pace as your oestrogen levels drop and your body fights to HOLD ON TO FAT because that’s is where your Estrogen is made.
- Maintaining energy levels are key and a reflection of your nutritional habits – sugar, wheat, caffeine and alcohol will elicit short-term highs but they will leave you crashing and shattered.
- Running, drinking, smoking, sugar and stress will leave you with more lines than a bar code.
- Getting your s**t together is vital, the sooner you deal with it the better.
- The more chemical laden foods, sugar and alcohol you consume after 40 the more it will negatively affect your hormones, your moods and ultimately your happiness. Not to mention your butt!
- The only person who can get you “in the zone” is you – you can’t get there by wishing for it or moaning about it!
- Allow your body time to rejuvenate, leave the all night partying in your 20’s where it belongs – get to bed by 10 and get 8 hours sleep a night.
- Swap reality TV for a good book and an Epsom Salts bath.
- The more crap you eat the harder it is to stop – especially sugar. If you’re craving sweet things opt for whole fresh fruits to give you your sugar fix.
- Lift weights, you will start losing muscle mass fast once you hit the big 40, so maintaining what you have is key. If you don’t, your metabolism will drop like a stone!
- A good quality Vit B Complex, Fish oil and a Probiotic are worth the money and as important for keeping you looking young as an eye cream.
- Stress management is more important than exercise and diet for fat loss at 40, some days a walk and a glass of wine with friends will do you more good than a HIIT session and a salad!
- Enjoy the ride, everything is as it should be, trust and learn.
If you would like to work with me and find out how to create your very own 40+ Fat Loss and Energy Blueprint so you can gain energy, lose weight and get back in the driving seat of your life, join me for my Simply Slim online programme… We start on the 19th June!
To book your space and for more info go to surreybootcamps.com/lose-weight-with-me-online/
If you want to know to lose 7lb without dieting or counting calories, download our FREE Feel Fab 7lb Challenge Planner here.
Want to chat? You can connect with us and chat on Facebook Messenger, just click on the link below
Want to find out more about how being a BABE can help you? Put your details below and one of our team will give you a call