If you have read any of my recent emails you will know that I have spent the last 18 months restoring my energy and getting my body and life back on track.
It has been a very enlightening journey and so I thought that today I would share some of the lessons I have learned along the way. They apply to anyone who is struggling to get back on track…
- The stronger you build and look after your body, the better it will cope with stress, trauma, grief, and heartbreak.
- The less you do the less you want to do – try to do something everyday, even if it’s just a walk or stretch.
- The more you think about doing “it” whatever that may be, the more you procrastinate – Just do it! Use the 3-minute rule, you can stop after 3 minutes if you want, but you have to start.
- Your energy levels are a reflection of your nutritional habits – sugar, wheat, caffeine and alcohol will elicit short-term highs but they will leave you crashing and shattered.
- Getting your s**t together whilst consuming chemical laden foods, sugar and alcohol is virtually impossible – it will negatively effect your hormones, your moods and ultimately your motivation.
- The more crap you eat the harder it is to stop – especially sugar. If you’re craving sweet things opt for whole fresh fruits to give you your sugar fix.
- The only person who can get you “in the zone” is you – you can’t get there by wishing for it!
- If you keep taking two steps forward and one back you will eventually end up forward and the time will come when it’s three forward and one back. Small steps forward will get you there eventually.
- Allow your body time to rejuvenate – try to get to bed by 10 and get 8 hours sleep a night.
- Supplements can help keep you sane – try 5HTP as a natural mood enhancer (do not take if already taking any form of anti-depressants or SSRIs)
- Sometimes you need to accept that now is not your time to excel – be your own best friend, look after and forgive yourself, you’re doing OK!
- Everything is as it should be, trust and learn.
Want to chat? You can connect with us and chat on Facebook Messenger, just click on the link below
Want to find out more about how being a BABE can help you? Put your details below and one of our team will give you a call